Trainee Area Sales Manager – Roofing and Waterproofing
Job Title: Trainee Area Sales Manager – Roofing and Waterproofing
Job reference Number: 940281-3397-21147
Industry Sector: Building Envelope, Flat Roofing, Waterproofing, Refurbishment, Local authorities, housing associations, building surveyors, refurbishment surveyors, building owners, roofing contractors & main contractors
Area to be covered: Bristol
Competitive basic salary and commission structure
Benefits: Fully expensed Car & Full Benefits
The role of the Trainee Area Sales Manager – Roofing and Waterproofing will involve:
• Trainee field sales position promoting; felt roofing, green roofing systems, bitumen membranes, hot melt roofing, cold liquid applied waterproofing, waterproof roof coatings, single ply, structural waterproofing etc.
• Assisting the existing established refurbishment field sales person
• Gleaning experience, knowledge and a better understanding of the role and the technical aspects of our client’s flat roofing systems, flat roofing design and the roofing market
• Supporting and learning the day to day aspects of a field sales position
• 2-3 year training period
• Developing an in depth understanding of the Bristol refurbishment roofing sector
• Forging and building relationships with approved contractors, main contractors, property managers, specifiers etc.
• Assist team colleagues with roof surveys and reports
• Attend construction sites to assist in design meetings etc.
The ideal applicant will be a Trainee Area Sales Manager – Roofing and Waterproofing with:
• Technically focussed, building envelope related field sales experience
• Ideally 2 years roofing associated experience
• Highly motivated and self driven
• Team player, highly professional and credible
• Thirst for knowledge and ability to absorb and understand technical information
• May consider builders merchant background looking for first field sales opportunity
• On the up in career
• Sound organisation skills
• Ability to influence, build credibility and forge strong relationships with approved contractors, main contractors, property managers, specifiers etc.
• Technical sales ability
• Est. 50 years+
• 150+ employees
• £50m+ turnover
• Brand name in the flat roofing and waterproofing marketplace