Specification Sales Manager – Flooring & Interior Products
Job Title: Specification Sales Manager – Flooring & Interior Products
Job reference Number: 246687-4174-21186
Industry Sector: Specification Sales, A&D, Architects and Interior Designers, Specifiers, Flooring Contractors, Property Managers, Education, Hospitality & Leisure, High Rise Residential, Building Surveyors, Letting Agents, Estate Management and Local Authorities
Area to be covered: North West (L, WN, WA, M, CH, CW, LL & ST)
Remuneration: £40,000-£45,000 + up to £10,000 Uncapped Commission
Benefits: Fully expensed BMW Hybrid Car & Full Benefits
The role of the Specification Sales Manager Flooring & Interior Products will involve:
• Field sales role selling a full range of manufactured floor coverings/ carpet tiles
• Promoting approx. 20% fibre bonded carpet and 80% structure bonded & tufted carpet as well as a number of new ranges of FRS (full repeatable scroll), 5 new products launched this year alone
• Selling into predominantly architects and interior designers (A&D), but also other specifiers such as property developers, universities, local authorities, building surveyors, estate management etc.
• Working with a dedicated field sales professional responsible for managing some fit-out contractor and flooring contactor relationships
• Visiting architects and interior designer specifiers within the major conurbations; Manchester, Liverpool etc.
• Targeting commercial buildings such as commercial office blocks, education sector (schools, universities & colleges, student accommodation), hospitality & leisure, high rise residential and a small amount of healthcare
• Presenting 2 CPD’s/ lunch & learn meetings per month
• Utilising ABI leads and in-house CRM database
• Project sizes from 500m2 up to 5,000m2, typically £5,000-£70,000 project value
• Ultimately responsible for winning £1m of specification projects per annum
The ideal applicant will be a Specification Sales Manager Flooring & Interior Products with:
• Must have a proven track record of selling into the architects or interior designers (A&D) specification marketplace
• Other specification field sales experiences may be considered; property developers, universities, local authorities, building surveyors, estate management etc.
• Ideally from the flooring/ carpet industry
• May also be open to interior products such as: wall coverings, fabric, ceiling, partitioning or furniture etc.
• Prior experience of selling into office blocks, education sector (schools, universities & colleges, student accommodation), hospitality & leisure, high rise residential and healthcare may be advantageous
• Tactile sales background rather that technical, sold something aesthetically pleasing, ideally flooring related
• Carpet knowledge not essential
• Team player
• Energy, passion and Enthusiasm
• Strong commercial and presentation skills
• 100+ employees
• £15m+ turnover
• Part of a larger business