Service Engineer – Fire Detection / Suppression Systems
Job Title: Service Engineer – Fire Detection / Suppression Systems
Industry Sector: Fire Detection Systems, Fire Suppression Systems, Electrical Engineers, Mechanical Engineers, M&E, Installation Engineers, Maintenance Engineers, Service Engineer
Area to be covered: National (will be expected to travel to where projects are located)
Remuneration: £30,000 - £35,000
Benefits: Fully expensed van + benefits package
The role of the Service Engineer – Fire Detection / Suppression Systems will involve:
• Routine maintenance, servicing, and fault finding on early warning thermal imaging and suppression systems.
• Work within multi-functional teams to resolve and understand the root cause of product issues.
• You will complete testing and occasional remedial work, (Full training will be provided).
• Respond and manage system breakdown callouts
• Play an active role in implementing continuous improvement measures
• Actively promote efficient working practices, adapting to meet goals and objectives within a team
• Good working knowledge of safe working practices
• Write reports that summarise the analysis carried out, conclusions drawn and relevance to the issue under investigation.
• Supporting with the electrical installation team when systems are being installed
• Has a good working knowledge of the Microsoft office suite (excel, word, outlook)
• Has good verbal and written communication skills
• Regular travel will be required throughout the UK and Ireland and is able to work away from home and drive long distances
• Is physically fit for working in hot/cold conditions and working at height
• Ensuring the connecting joints are tight within the technical container
• Ensuring there are no leaks within the technical container
• Change oil within the technical container
• Ensure all fixings are tight and valves are greased
• Check and rectify faults on fire alarm panel and cylinders (Full training will be provided)
• Clean heads of sprinklers
• Grease turrets
• Clean thermographic camera lenses
• Ensure the thermographic camera system and turret are clean and free of any debris
The ideal applicant will be a Service Engineer – Fire Detection / Suppression Systems with:
• Person would benefit from mechanical experience (hydraulic and pneumatic maintenance)
• Mechanical stripping, rebuilding, servicing, and overhaul experience
• Person would benefit from basic electrical experience, (electrical testing and basic repairs)
• Must be experienced in fault finding and making program adjustments on various PLC software
• Understanding on H&S procedures and polices
• IPAF trained
• Excellent problem-solving skills.
• Willingness to learn and develop skills with the support of in-house and external training
• We are looking for somebody who is thorough, keen, energetic, and conscientious.
• Ability to work to tight deadlines on multiple tasks with variable time scales.
• Attention to detail.
• Customer orientated with a professional attitude in all environments
• Full UK Driving licence – No points desired